Fabulous panoramic apartment of 130 sqm on multiple levels, with three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a large private terrace from which you can admire the wonderful panorama of Venice, till the bell tower of St. Mark’s Square. It is located in a building conveniently placed, just minutes from the train station of S. Lucia and 20 minutes from the Rialto Bridge.
The building, named Centrale Mazzoni, has recently undergone a complete renovation and it overlooks a quiet side street near the garden of Chiesa degli Scalzi.
The apartment is characterized by being arranged on three levels, the last of which is occupied by the wonderful terrace from which to enjoy a beautiful view over the rooftops of Venice, till the bell tower of St. Mark’s Square on one side, and the lagoon on the other.
PRICE: (Upon request)
Location: Calle Priuli ai Cavalletti, Venezia, Venice
No. of bedrooms: 3
No. of bathrooms: 3
House linens (sheets & towels)
walking distance to town
On the first level, 4th floor, there is the sleeping area, consisting of:
– three bright bedrooms with double beds (divided into single beds upon request)
– two bathrooms, one en-suite with shower and washing machine and the second with shower including emotional and Turkish bath function, as well as color therapy.
The second level, accessible by an inner stairway, opens onto a scenic area flooded by natural light coming from the windows that characterize an entire wall. Here you can find:
– the sitting area with double sofa bed and two armchairs;
– the fully equipped kitchen with electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, kettle and a table for 6 people
– another bathroom with sink and toilet.
A staircase leads to the terrace (70 sqm) with double exposure, which in summer is equipped with table and chairs to enjoy the starry sky or a dinner with friends.
The apartment, with energy efficiency class “A”, has underfloor ventilation and cooling systems.
Windows are double-glazed to guarantee better comfort and noise isolation. Ceilings are characterized by charming wooden beams.
The apartment is located next to the train station, which is easily reachable on foot, in a few minutes even with luggage.
The location is also a good starting point for exploring the city: Calle Pruli ai Cavalletti is very quiet despite being just off the bustling main street, hosting a succession of shops, markets and restaurants. In 20 minutes you can reach the Rialto Bridge and then the wonderful Piazza San Marco, heart of the city, with the Basilica and the Doge’s Palace overlooking the lagoon. For art lovers, the Scuola Grande di San Rocco with important paintings by Titian is only a 10 minutes’ walk across the famous Ponte degli Scalzi, outside the railway station.
Five minutes from the apartment lies the famous district Cannaregio, the old Jewish quarter and now home to one of the departments of the University Ca’ Foscari. Cannaregio is an area of the town that has preserved its discreet charm, perfect to breathe the authentic Venetian atmosphere; a special place, away from the bustle of the main streets, where you can enjoy peace and tranquillity.
In this regard, the foundations of Sacca San Girolamo, located on the tip of the district, are worth visiting: there you can admire the wonderful colours that produce the sun at sunset, when reflected on the opaque waters of the lagoon of Venice.
Following the sun, in the lagoon, is the best way to discover the most authentic side of the city. From the district to the Arsenale, for example, you can watch the sunrise at its outmost. A short distance away, there are the Biennale’s gardens perfect for relaxing walks, in the framework of the old town, which is never too crowded with tourists.
A wide selection of restaurants and “trattorias” is available in the neighbourhood of the apartments.For everyday shopping, you can opt for the larger supermarket located in Calle del Ghetto Vecchio – 600m from the apartment, while in the Cannaregio district you will find a small but well-stocked grocery store run by a couple of very kind Venetians!
HOW TO GET THERE
– From the train station: take the second street on the left, Calle Pruli ai Cavalletti, and follow it to the end, beyond a wooden bridge, to reach the entrance of the building.
– By Car: you can park in the underground parking in Piazzale Roma, 800 meters away, just across the famous bridge of Calatrava. Alternatively, we recommend leaving your car at the railway station in Mestre, well served by car parks open 24/24, and then take the train to Venezia Santa Lucia.
– From the airport Marco Polo: take the shuttle bus, leading to Piazzale Roma in 20 minutes.
– From Mestre: you can reach Piazzale Roma using the T1 tramway from the city centre.
The closest water bus stops are only 200 meters from the apartment, on the Grand Canal in front of the railway station. Here you will find the landing of the lines leading to San Marco, Murano Island (famous for glass craftsmen) or the Lido of Venice (where the Festival of Cinema takes place).
Excluded from the price: city tax
Check-in: from 15:00 to 19:00
Check-out: from 09:00 to 11:00
Utilities (included for stays up to 30 nights. For rentals over 30 nights, special conditions apply)