Elegant independent house of 260 sq. mt. with 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in the heart of the city of Milan, just 10 minutes from all the major monuments and equidistant from the Sforzesco Castle, the Duomo, and the Columns of San Lorenzo.
This house is an old carpentry built on the walls of the Circo Romano laid out on the ground floor and on the first floor. In particular, in the living room and in the dining room, there is still a part of the original wall. It was transformed into a home in 2007 and was renovated by the Parisian architectural firm Asphalt Architecture in 2017. It was decorated with historical furniture from a German noble family, including a Carrara marble bust from the 19th century and a table made from a Merovingian column transformed into solar clock, as well as paintings by the contemporary artist Domenico Marranchino and Corbassière.
During the renovation in 2017, only the finest materials of internationally renowned Italian designers were used: a Dada brand luxury kitchen with Carrara marble countertop and backsplash, bathtubs in Corian by the renowned Italian designer Antonio Lupi, tiles in Chevron and matte square Mutina, while the wallpaper is by Fornasetti (Milanese designer) for the brand Cole and Son.
PRICE: (Upon request)
Location: Via Morigi, Milan, Italy
No. of bedrooms: 3
No. of bathrooms: 4
Maid service upon request
House linens (sheets & towels)
The apartment is characterized by double glazed windows and air conditioning in all rooms, as well as large windows and exposed beams on the 1st floor. A broadcast system (you need to download the Heos app on your tablet/phone), which allows you to connect and listen to real-time radio music from all over Europe as well as music stored on your phone, is also present on both ground floor and 1st floor.
The house is laid out over 3 levels: ground floor, 1st floor and basement.
The ground floor opens onto a living area furnished with a double sofa bed, 2 burgundy leather armchairs, 2 French armchairs from the 1900s, a chaise longue, and a TV area. This floor also includes a service bathroom and a first double bedroom with large bookcase, 3-door closet and an en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. From here, you can access a small inner garden that also includes an olive tree.
2 flights of solid wood stairs lead respectively to the basement and to the 1st floor.
The basement has a bedroom furnished with a double sofa bed, an en-suite bathroom with shower, sauna, and a laundry room with washer, dryer, and a 4-door closet.
The first floor has a double bedroom, furnished with a 4-door closet and 8 smaller doors and a beautiful en-suite bathroom with bathtub and shower. Here there is also the dining room, furnished with a table for 8 guests and 2 leather armchairs, as well as a beautiful kitchen with table for 2 and bar.
Completing the apartment is an area with a small table that overlooks the private garden.
The flooring is parquet throughout.
Via Morigi is located just a short walk from the Duomo, between the Basilica of Sant’Ambrogio and Piazza Cordusio, in an innovative area which nevertheless has very ancient roots: the ‘Cinque Vie’, the oldest and richest area in Milan, which today has been transformed into a new area rich in artistic value through innovative projects, with a particular eye for design and craftsmanship.
In addition, the apartment’s strategic location allows you to quickly reach all the major monuments and points of interest in the city. In particular, it is easy to reach on foot or by public transportation:
– the Duomo, symbol of Milan, and Piazza della Scala, which houses the famous opera theater;
– The Royal Palace and the Museo del Novecento, which host various permanent and temporary exhibitions throughout the year;
– Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, which links Piazza Duomo to Piazza della Scala;
– Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, home to many shops among which is La Rinascente, a shopping mall named the “2016 Best Department Store” worldwide;
– Via Torino, considered one of the city’s most important commercial streets;
– the Columns of San Lorenzo, a historic Milan square that comes to life during the evening hours. In particular, in the summer a large number of people surround the columns, completely filling up the square, thus creating a unique atmosphere;
– Santa Maria delle Grazie church, which houses the famous Leonardo Da Vinci’s ‘Cenacolo’, depicting the Last Supper of Jesus and the Apostles;
– the Science and Technology Museum, located steps from Sant’Ambrogio subway station;
– Sempione park, the perfect place for a jogging session or a nice relaxing afternoon, hosting Milan aquarium and the Arena Civica;
– Sforzesco castle, one of the biggest castles in Europe and Milan’s landmark.
The location is also very convenient for walking to the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, located just 550 meters from the property.
Services in the area:
– Puntosimply supermarket (Via Circo, 250 m)
– Post office (Via Urbano III, 450 m)
– Lloyds Pharmacy Carrobbio (Via Stampa, 250 m) and Eustachi pharmacy (Via Cappuccio, 150 m)
– Banco di Brescia bank (Piazza Borromeo, 250 m).
– Garage Sanremo, Via Zecca Vecchia, 3
– Parking Borromeo, Piazza Borromeo, 9
– Cordusio metro stop (metro line MM1 – red), 600 m
– Missori metro stop (metro line MM3 – yellow), 850 m
– Cadorna metro stop (metro line MM1 – red / MM2 – green), 850 m
– Milano Centrale and Milano Rogoredo train stations (reachable via MM3)
– Milano Lambrate train station (reachable via MM2)
– Trams 2, 3, 14 (within 250 m)
IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO HOST EVENTS AND PARTIES AT THE APARTMENT.
After 10 pm, as per condominium regulations, loud noises and loud music are forbidden.
*A city tourist tax will be applied. Cost per person per night: 3€, for maximum 14 nights.
Check-in:from 15:00 to 19:00
Check-out:from 09:00 to 11:00
Utilities (included for stays up to 30 nights. For rentals over 30 nights, special conditions apply)